Outside Lands 2017: 5 highlights we still haven't recovered from
That's a wrap on Outside Lands 2017 -- but we're still living the biggest highlights of the three-day San Francisco festival, which brought together some of music's biggest icons for an unforgettable series of performances.
It's been nearly a day since the festival's 10th installment wrapped, but we're still recovering from some of the highlights. Here are the top 6:
1. More than 210,000 fans descended on Golden Gate Park to enjoy not only live shows but gourmet food and drinks from all around the Bay Area. In fact, the awesome food selections are one of the biggest draws. Check out this creation from local eatery 4505 Burgers & BBQ:
International fare was at the ready, too: "Craved these tots for two years no joke," one attendee wrote, tagging The Japanese Pantry and #hereforthefood.
2. Okay, we'll (reluctantly) move on from the food -- and onto the beer, which was flowing freely from the Beer Lands area. Whatever your taste, Beer Lands was there to provide, and we have a feeling a lot of people are waking up with headaches in San Francisco today. This guy mastered the art of the Heineken balance "#OSL style":
3. No Outside Lands 2017 highlight reel would be complete without mention of the best music acts. Among the most exciting was Young the Giant, which drew a big crowd mid-afternoon on Sunday. Seriously, check out that audience -- how often do you see something like that in the middle of the day?
4. Although there were impressive performances from lesser-known names on the lineup, it's no surprise that the biggest headliners pulled out all the stops. Enough can't be said about Metallica: A two-hour set with no sign of fatigue reinforced that these guys are still the kings of heavy metal.
5. Tying Metallica for top spot was Lorde, who -- on the other end of the age spectrum -- wowed thousands with a lengthy Sunday evening set of her old hits ("Royals," "Tennis Court"), new ("Green Light") and unexpected covers (Paul Simon's "Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard"). All hail.
RELATED: Singer Tove Lo flashes the crowd at Outside Lands 2017