Music producer David Foster set the record straight Saturday on reports that he will play a key role in planning Donald Trump's inauguration festivities.
"Woke up this morning to a lot of news," Foster posted on Instagram Saturday. "For the record, I was asked to participate in the upcoming inauguration some time ago and I politely and respectfully declined. Any news outlet that is reporting otherwise is misinformed."
The New York Post's Page Six reported Saturday that Foster, whose work includes the Celine Dion hit "The Power of Love," would organize inauguration performances. Insiders said he was helping to recruit singer Andrea Bocelli to perform at the upcoming inaugural festivities. (They starred in PBS' "Andrea Bocelli & David Foster: My Christmas.") The only person confirmed to be performing at the event is 16-year-old "America's Got Talent" contestant Jackie Evancho, who was first discovered by Foster.
Trump's team has been having a hard time finding performers for the inauguration parties and offered ambassadorships to at least two talent bookers if they could deliver marquee names, the bookers told TheWrap.
Many in Hollywood have no interest in performing performing because of their political differences with Trump. Others may be afraid to take part because of peer pressure. Dixie Chicks manager Simon Renshaw told TheWrap Friday that taking part might be career suicide.
"If anyone does do it, I hope that the check that they get is in the nine figures. Because it's probably the last check they're ever going to get," he said.
TheWrap spoke previously to industry insiders who said the inauguration team has its sights set on top-tier talents like Justin Timberlake, Bruno Mars, Katy Perry and Aretha Franklin, and were willing to pay steep fees for the performers.
Read original story David Foster: I Won't Plan Trump Inauguration At TheWrap