'Notorious' star Piper Perabo reveals her perfect holiday gift guide to AOL
Actress Piper Perabo won't be giving out any typical gifts this year. Her gift list includes flower seeds to goats and they are perfect for the giver in your family.
These are gifts your family and friends will cherish for a lifetime.
1) Wildflower seed bombs: "The guerrilla gardening movement started in NYC and people would lob seed bombs (dried clay balls with wildflower seeds) into vacant lots. When it rains in the spring, the clays melts, and the wildflower seeds are distributed! Do you pass some place on in your daily life that could use a little more beauty? It's so fun to look for the flowers to start blooming. I like Seedles, $14 from growtherainbow.com because their seeds are non-GMO and native to your region."
2) Goats: "One Christmas, I got my grandma goats (well, I donated 2 in her name to a family). Goats are so much more interesting than a scarf, and will also help a family in Niger escape poverty by providing milk and breeding more goats to sell at market. You can get $94 Pair of Goats from Oxfam."
3) Waterlogue: "This app is $3.99 and it turns your iPhone pics into watercolors. Take your favorite picture of Grandma or your best friends kids, print it on watercolor paper, put it in a frame and give it as a gift. (Bring tissues, tears of joy are possible.)"
4) International Rescue Committee: "You can provide one year of School to a young girl living in a third world country. The IRC stand by people whose lives have been shattered by conflict and disaster and help them rebuild their lives. $58 can supply the tuition, books, and other supplies a girl needs to attend school for a year. In Afghanistan alone, they helped educate more than 13,000 girls in 2015."
5) Coffee Can Coffee Cake:"I love to give coffee cake baked in a coffee can. It's delicious and you just put a bow on it, so cute! You can find a great recipe at seriouseats.com"
6) Mulholland Gin: "If you really want to get Hollywood, friends of mine started a distillery and their Mulholland Gin has got that martini holiday spirit!"