It's been more than a decade since "Bad Boys II" hit theaters, but Will Smith promised Jimmy Kimmel Monday night that a third is on the way.
Martin Lawrence, who co-stars alongside Smith in the action franchise, told Kimmel earlier this year that the duo was "going to start filming 'Bad Boys III' in March."
"It is very, very, very close," Smith confirmed, which got the crowd excited. "We do one a decade."
"That'd be great until you're 'Bad Old Men,'" Kimmel responded.
In 2014, Lawrence also told Conan O'Brien that a third "Bad Boys" is on its way.
"I just spoke to Jerry Bruckheimer yesterday and he said it's real," Lawrence said. "They're working on the script. They're getting close to this. It all looks good."
Related: Will Smith through the years
The first "Bad Boys" film was released in 1995, directed by Michael Bay. The movie was about two detectives who have to protect a murder witness while investigating a stolen case of heroin. It grossed $141 million worldwide at the box office.
Read original story Will Smith Teases 'Bad Boys III': 'It Is Very, Very, Very Close' (Video) At TheWrap.
More from The Wrap
How Natalie Portman's 'Jackie' Costumes Match Jackie Kennedy's Real Fashion
Nancy Biederman, Motion Picture & Television Fund Advocate, Dies of Leukemia
'A Man Called Ove' Filmmaker on Finding Comedy in a Suicide Scene