Wait, did we miss something?
Luckily, ET had a few observers inside the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles to witness the unseen moments.
Here's what you didn't see:
1) The Winners Knew! Right before their category was announced, each winner was strategically moved closer to the stage. While it made things more convenient, it did eliminate the element of surprise for the live audience.
A post shared by YOLANDA (@yolanda.hadid) on Nov 20, 2016 at 3:38pm PST
2) Gigi Hadid Had a Celebrity Assistant! As she scuttled around the theater to fulfill her hosting duties, Gigi's model mom, Yolanda Hadid, stayed right by her side. Yolanda kept close on the red carpet and rushed around backstage to help out her daughter. Gigi also had a glam team helping her with touchups in between appearances. Yolanda posted a picture from backstage, writing, "Behind the scenes... @amas @roberto_cavalli #AmericanMusicAwards #Host."
See photos from inside the AMAs:
3) Standing Room Only! It was Fifth Harmony that got the crowd to their feet with their performance of "That's My Girl." After people also stood up for The Chainsmokers, Drake, and Shawn Mendes, the audience was asked to stand for every performance.
4) Drake's Still No. 1! In addition to his impromptu Degrassi reunion with Nina Dobrev, Drake also got the crowd cheering for his hilarious new Apple Music commercial. In the clip he sings Taylor Swift's "Bad Blood" while working out, and the sketch got lots of laughs and applause. Despite not attending the show, Taylor also had a big night, cheering on pals Gigi and Selena from home, and posting Drake's commercial to Instagram, writing, "YES @champagnepapi #drakevsbenchpress."
— Stu Motown #BlackLivesMatter (@cjzero) November 21, 2016
5) No Script, No Problem! Some of the stars went off book when presenting and accepting their awards. Though the cursing was censored on TV, it certainly wasn't inside the Microsoft Theater and the crowd loved it. Chrissy Teigen's shout out to the "interesting, f**ked up, f**king election," earned an especially loud cheer.
Reporting by Sophie Schillaci.
See photos from the AMAs 2016 red carpet: