The 9 best celebrity podcasts to fuel your holiday weekend
These celebrities aren't just entertaining and interesting. They can help you be more successful, too.
Unfortunately, many celebrity podcasts are lame and self-serving. This post contains nine celebrity podcasts that, IMHO, are both entertaining and interesting.
While these aren't business-oriented (I posted the 21 best business podcasts a few weeks ago), they all have something for the entrepreneur in us.
The titles link to where you can download the cast.
- Who is he? Adam Carolla is an American comedian, radio personality, television host, actor, podcaster, and director. His podcast which set the record as the "most downloaded podcast" as judged by Guinness World Records in 2011.
- What's it about? Shows feature a celebrity guest, with the guest frequently participating in the featured segments and joining the commentary on the news.
- Who is she? Anna Benjamin David is an American author, journalist, and television personality specializing in addiction and recovery as well as relationships.
- What's it about? It focuses on addiction and recovery. and features exclusive interviews with celebrities who have expertise in this subject or have experienced addiction and recovery themselves.
- Who is he? Kevin Patrick Smith is an American filmmaker, actor, comedian, public speaker, comic book writer, and author. He came to prominence with the low-budget comedy Clerks, which he wrote, directed, co-produced, and acted in as the character Silent Bob.
- What's it about? The episodes are generally one hour in length and feature Smith and his long-time producer Scott Mosier discussing current events and other topics.
- Who is he? An American author and television personality who is the primary anchor of the CNN news show Anderson Cooper 360 and a major correspondent for 60 Minutes. He also hosts a syndicated daytime talk show, Anderson Live.
- What's it about? Edited highlights of his news show, which covers current events and includes his commentary of various subject as well as many interviews.
- Who is she? An American personal trainer, businesswoman, author, and television personality best known for her appearances on The Biggest Loser on NBC and the reality television series Just Jillian on E!
- What's it about? In-depth discussions with experts and friends about fitness, health trends, emotional eating, diet, and metabolism.
- Who is he? American comedian, podcaster, writer, actor, musician, director, and producer, who made more than 40 appearances on Late Night with Conan O'Brien, more than any other standup performer. From 2013 to 2016, he starred in his own IFC television comedy series, Maron.
- What's it about? Maron interviews comedians and celebrities, including Robin Williams, Louis C.K., and Barack Obama.
- Who is he? An American sports columnist, analyst, author, and podcaster.
- What's it about? Simmons is known for a style of writing that mixes sports knowledge and analysis, pop-culture references, and his non-sports-related personal life, all from the viewpoint of a passionate sports fan.
- Who is he? An American rapper and actor who holds the dubious distinction of having 17 Grammy nominations without a win, the most of any artist.
- What's it about? As Mr. Dogg memorably puts it: "Down to smoke one with your big homie Snoop Dogg? Well, here I is and here's your shot neffew. Get up close and personal with me -- the one and only Snoop Dogg each week."
- Who is she? An American actress, comedian, and musician best known for roles in television shows including Garfunkel and Oates, Gilmore Girls, House, The Big Bang Theory, and United States of Tara.
- What's it about? A mix of interviews and comedy bits, often from an offbeat, feminist-but-post-feminist viewpoint.
Note: The celebrity and podcast descriptions above are lightly edited from Wikipedia. The photos are either from Wikipedia or the celebrity's website.