Brutally honest confessions from people who have been in foster care
According to the Adoption and Foster Care Analysis and Reporting System, nearly half a million children are currently in foster care.
It's often seen as a refuge for children in difficult situations at home, but it can be remarkably hard for the kids involved.
Some of them took to Whisper app to talk about what it's truly like to be in the foster care system.
1. It changes your outlook on parenting:
2. The foster care system can leave you feeling alone:
3. It can make you hate seeing other families together:
4. The level of misery you experience can vary:
5. It can make people think you're trouble:
6. You can feel a lot of shame:
7. it can set you up with a lifetime of habits:
8. You get used to moving a lot:
9. You can feel unloved:
10. It gives you nightmares:
11. It affects your decisions:
12. It can make things worse:
13. It can make things "feel" weird:
14. You can feel like a mystery:
15. You can develop trust issues:
16. No one knows what you go through:
17. You want what other people have:
18. Treatment can be shocking:
For more brutally honest confessions, download Whisper.
RELATED: Fundraiser for foster care: