Best Bites: Triple chocolate molten lava cake
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Make your own molten lava cake like a professional pastry chef -- but it gets that much easier with this hack using a double chocolate chip cookie. All you need other than that? Cake batter and a cupcake tin! See the full recipe below.
- 1 package of Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 12 dark chocolate chip cookies
- Ice cream
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Put chocolate and butter into a bowl
- Microwave chocolate and butter on HIGH 2 min
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted
- Mix eggs, yolks, sugar and flour with whisk until blended.
- Beat into chocolate mixture.
- Line muffin pan cups with paper liners; spray with cooking spray.
- Place 1 cookie, upside-down, in each cup; cover with batter.
- Bake 8 min. Cool in pan 1 min.
- Flip cakes over so that top of muffin is on bottom.
- Remove muffin liner
- Top with ice cream