People who have been to rehab share what it's really like
Center for Disease Control estimates that 114 people die a day because of drugs, and many enter rehab to prevent that, but it doesn't always work.
Though it's a haven for some people, the urge to relapse is just too strong for others. People who have been to rehab opened up on Whisper to share what the experience is really like.
1. It's an accepting place:
2. It's a huge secret:
3. It can give you conflicting feelings:
4. It takes a lot of strength to return to normalcy:
5. If it doesn't work, who knows what could happen?
6. Sometimes it doesn't work:
7. It doesn't stop the thoughts that consume you:
8. It can be scary to be sober:
9. Sometimes it only makes things worse:
10. Rehab can make tiny improvements:
11. It's hard to tell people where you've been:
12. It can make things worse:
13. It's hard:
14. It makes things better:
15. Every day is a battle:
16. It's liberating and embarrassing:
17. It's a huge change:
18. People can leave you:
19. It's expensive:
Read more secrets from people who have been to rehab on Whisper.
RELATED: Rehab center upsets neighbors: