Amazon offers free perk to Prime members in August
Amazon.com has announced six new e-books available for free or cheap in August.
These e-books all have an official publication date of Sept. 1 but are available one month early through Amazon's Kindle First program.
The e-books also all have a list price of $4.99, but Amazon Prime members can choose one Kindle First title to download for free each month in advance of its official release.
If you aren't sure whether this Prime perk is worth it to you, sign up for a free 30-day Prime trial or a free six-month Prime Student trial. Even people with a free trial membership are considered part of the Kindle First program.
If you aren't a Prime member and don't want to sign up for a free trial, you can still become part of the Kindle First program by signing up for the Kindle First monthly email newsletter. Just click on the yellow "Sign up for the monthly e-mail" button on the Kindle First home page. You will then be able to download one Kindle First title for $1.99 each month.
- "After Disasters" by Viet Dinh (literary fiction)
- "Black Rain" by Matthew B.J. Delaney (thriller)
- "Interference" by Amélie Antoine, translated by Maren Baudet-Lackner (psychological suspense)
- "The Shelf Life of Happiness" by David Machado, translated by Hillary Locke (modern fiction)
- "The Things We Wish Were True" by Marybeth Mayhew Whalen (contemporary fiction)
- "Tier One" (Tier One Series Book 1) by Brian Andrews and Jeffrey Wilson (military thriller)
Note that you don't need a Kindle e-reader to take advantage of the Kindle First program offers.
You can read Kindle e-books on a variety of devices like smartphones and tablets by downloading Amazon's free Kindle Reading apps. The apps are available for Android, Apple iOS and Windows mobile devices, among others.
Do you read e-books? What's your favorite way to read them? Share your thoughts with us by commenting below or on our Facebook page.
Now check out the best-selling books on Amazon of 2016 so far: