Toddler eats eyeshadow palette she thought was chocolate

Toddler discovers the joy of chocolate
Toddler discovers the joy of chocolate

Just because it smells yummy doesn't mean you should eat it.

A toddler, who is no stranger to life lessons, learned this one a hard way.

Twitter user Lauren Rincon left her Too Faced Chocolate Bar eyeshadow palette out where her young niece could reach it.

This content is not available due to your privacy preferences.
Update your settings here to see it.

Well, what do you think happens when you leave something that looks and smells like chocolate out for a baby that loves chocolate and has little-to-no awareness about the world?

She ate it.

Er, some of it. Most of it just ended up on her face and clothes, according to Rincon's tweet.

This content is not available due to your privacy preferences.
Update your settings here to see it.

As the initial tweet began to trend, people called Rincon out for leaving her niece in danger.

This content is not available due to your privacy preferences.
Update your settings here to see it.

She responded in a few tweets and promised that the child is safe and sound -- none of the ingredients are harmful, and if she starts acting sick, she will be taken to the hospital.

This content is not available due to your privacy preferences.
Update your settings here to see it.

Plus, poison control verified that she should be okay.

Turns out, the makeup will be okay as well.

This content is not available due to your privacy preferences.
Update your settings here to see it.

RELATED: Is your makeup sponge unhealthy?

Is Your Makeup Sponge Unhealthy?
Is Your Makeup Sponge Unhealthy?
Scroll to continue with contentAD