Vegan chicken sandwich with avocado
Lately I've been into tasty, easy vegan recipes. It's probably because it's summer and I don't have the time or desire to spend hours...or even one hour...in the kitchen. I want to be out and about enjoying the weather. That's why today I'm featuring this easy Vegan Chicken Sandwich with Avocado that you can have ready in 30 minutes. Perfect!
I've been all about the vegan sandwich lately. Well, I just love sandwiches anyway. And you know I try to keep the gluten minimal so sometimes I'll use a gluten-free bun and other times I'll wrap it in a corn tortilla or even lettuce. Either way it works.
But if you're not too worried about gluten, you can just have a dairy-free bun like the one pictured above. The good news is the Vegan Chicken patty I used is gluten-free. YAS!
Why You'll Love Vegan Chicken Sandwich with Avocado:
First, just take a good look at that picture above. What's not to love? There's a vegan, gluten-free chicken patty that's topped with vegan cheese, plant-based bacon, and avocado. Sounds mouthwateringly good! Am I right?
Also, tempeh bacon. It's a lovely discovery and something I love to keep around for sandwiches just like this one. That means the combination of flavors in this sandwich is so undeniable.
You can change up the flavors in this sandwich by using the following adaptions:
- You can add a little vegan mayo
- Add some grilled jalapeños
- Make it crunchy by adding some tortilla chips (I love chips on a sandwich!)
- Add some Barbecue Sauce
Also, now that we've got the taste buds ready to go, one of the best things about this vegan chicken sandwich recipe is that it's so easy. I mean, who wants to spend hours in the kitchen anyway?!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Vegan chicken patties, thawed
- 2 tablespoons McCormicks Brown Sugar Bourbon Seasoning
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 slices Vegan Cheese
- 4 slices Vegan Bacon
- 4 hamburger buns
- Topping: Shredded Field Greens
- Remove the frozen vegan chicken patties from their package and set on a plate.
- Skillet Method: Pour the olive oil into a skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Place the four vegan chicken patties in the skillet. Sprinkle the top of each with the seasoning. Cook for about 5 minutes, until browned on one side. Flip and coat the top with additional seasoning. While the skillet is hot, add 4 - 8 slices of the vegan bacon and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Grill Method: Heat your grill to medium-high heat. Use a brush to oil the grates. Cook the veggie chicken patties on the grill, sprinkling the top side with the seasoning. When ready, use a spatula to flip the patties. Sprinkle the top side with additional seasoning. Cook for another 5 minutes, until the patties are ready. While the grill is hot, add 4 - 8 slices of vegan bacon and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Regardless of your style of cooking, top each vegan chicken piece with a slice of vegan cheese and allow the cheese to melt before removing from the skillet or grill.
- Peel the avocado and remove the pit. Mash the avocado with lime juice in a bowl.
- Toast the buns either in the skillet or on the grill (depending on your preferred cooking method). Place a dollop of the mashed avocado and spread across the toasted side of each bun (top and bottom).
- Place chopped lettuce over the bottom half of the prepared bun, followed by the cooked vegan chicken patties, vegan bacon and the top bun.