Caprese skewers done 3 ways
By: Lark & Linen
Can we just talk about the fact that farmer's markets far and wide are filled to the brim with lush, delicious fruits and veggies?! I look forward to the season all year long, and my mouth is currently salivating at the thought. For our boho inspired beach party a few weeks ago, I whipped together these caprese on a stick appetizers (done three ways) in order to fully take advantage of the bounty, and couldn't have been more pleased with the results. It made for the simplest, most beautiful, appetizer and truly took minutes to pull together.
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup watermelon, cubed
- 2 apricots, cut into 1/2" slices
- Large handful of small basil leaves
- 16 oz. package small fresh mozzarella balls
- 9 Bamboo skewers
- Olive oil, to drizzle
- Balsamic reduction, to drizzle
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- On the first 3 bamboo skewers, thread a tomato, a small piece of basil leaf, and a mozzarella ball onto toothpicks until all ingredients are used.
- Repeat with watermelon, basil and mozzarella.
- Repeat again with apricot, basil and mozzarella.
- Drizzle the olive oil and balsamic reduction over each one, leaving the end of the bamboo skewer clean. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.