Vegan peanut butter Wacky Cake
Lately I've been into making fun, easy vegan desserts. The latest on my list is this Vegan Peanut Butter Wacky Cake. If you remember, I recently shared this Vegan Chocolate Wacky Cake. I loved it so much I even included a video on how to make it. And then I've got a recipe that includes both chocolate and peanut butter in one cake: Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Cake. We've got the cake in the bag!
I've been all about the cake lately. I don't know what the deal is, but this recipe for Vegan Peanut Butter Wacky Cake is my latest conquest.
Sometimes I want to make a cake recipe that isn't two layers and isn't some big sheet cake. So making this simple cake, in one round cake pan, is perfect.
Why You'll Love Vegan Peanut Butter Wacky Cake
Finding a recipe that is both easy and delicious is not always achievable. However, this Vegan Peanut Butter Wacky Cake, meets both criteria and a couple of others as well, such as affordable, and irresistible!
This recipe makes one round cake pan. What I love about this is that you can enjoy a slice or two with your friends or family, and not worry that you'll eat too much of it. Not that anyone would worry about a thing like that.
You'll also love that this Vegan Peanut Butter Wacky Cake is:
- Peanut Buttery
- Perfect for a weeknight or weekend treat!
You can even make two and turn it into a layer cake. I just happen to really love the simpleness of a single layer round cake. It's perfection!
We hope you enjoy this Vegan Peanut Butter Wacky Cake as much as we do! If you decide to make the recipe snap a photo and use #namelymarly on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
Peanut Butter Wacky Cake Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup peanut butter powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Powdered sugar of Peanut Butter Frosting (see below) for toppin
- Heat your oven to 350F. Spray a round cake pan with vegetable spray. You can also place a piece of parchment paper at the bottom of the pan and spray the sides with vegetable oil.
- Combine in a large mixing bowl the flour, sugar, peanut butter powder, salt and baking soda. Stir to combine.
- In a smaller bowl combine the vegetable oil, water, vinegar and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Pour the water mixture into the flour mixture. Stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for about 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Sprinkle the top with powdered sugar or top with Peanut Butter Frosting*
*Make peanut butter frosting by combining 2 tablespoons peanut butter, 1 cup powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons peanut butter powder. Stir to combine. It will be crumbly. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla-flavored plant-based milk. Stir to combine. Continue adding 1 teaspoon of plant-based milk at a time until you get a spreadable consistency.
Here's some other favorite vegan peanut butter cake recipes:
- Vegan Peanut Butter Carrot Cake by Veggies Don't Bite
- Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes by Healthy Happy Life
- Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Mug Cakes by Kitchen Treaty
- Peanut Butter Banana Blondies with Peanut Butter Frosting by yours truly!
Whatever peanut butter treat you're nibbling on, enjoy!