16 confessions about skin cancer that will make you realize how serious it is
Though skin cancer is not often deadly, it's still an extremely serious. One in five Americans will develop skin cancer in their lifetime according to the CDC.
People struggling with skin cancer opened up about their secret fears and how they cope on Whisper.
1. It's not easy to admit:
2. Tanning seems like a devastating choice:
3. You should never judge someone's appearance:
4. It can be both scary and annoying:
5. Surviving skin cancer is not always a story you want to tell:
6. Sometimes you face life-changing decisions:
7. Often, there's just nothing you can do to stop it:
8. You can get it even when you are fighting against it:
9. People will develop their own offensive opinions no matter what happens:
10. Your confidence can take a serious hit:
11. Even though it's not the scariest, it's still terrifying:
12. Old habits are hard to get rid of:
13. It can be hard to detect:
14. And even harder to conquer:
15. You learn new ways to hide it:
16. And you never know how you might find it:
Check out more bold skin cancer confessions by downloading the Whisper app.
RELATED: What you need to know about skin cancer: