Beauty and fashion has changed a lot over the past 100 years. Go on a journey of beauty demonstrated by some of the most stunning women in history.
Check out some of the most modern beauty looks from New York Fashion Week last fall:
The best beauty looks from Fashion Week
Ahead are the simple and fool-proof steps to achieving runway-ready beauty looks at home.
Derek Lam Spring/Summer 2016
Leave it to Derek Lam to reinvent eyeshadow forever. Instead of focusing on the top lid, all color is applied to under the eye for a more dramatic take on eyeshadow.
1. Apply a small amount of liquid foundation evenly on the face for a matte complexion.
2. Take a black mascara that can define your lashes, not clump them -- we suggest Lancome's High Definition Mascara -- and only apply to the bottom set of lashes.
3. Swipe Burberry's peachy pink Color Cream peach cream under the eye.
4. Next, layer with Ardency Inn's Yellow MODSTER Smooth Ride and voila!
Cushnie Et Ochs Spring/Summer 2016
Who said spring was only for lighter palettes? We're taking cues from Cushnie Et Ochs on a darker, moodier makeup look.
1. Apply a black eyeliner to both on the eyelid and underneath the eye.
2. Use a quick swipe of volumizing mascara to finish off the eyes.
3. Take a deep berry lip, like our favorites from Urban Decay, NARS, Kat Von D, and for an edgy finish.
Diane Von Furstenberg Spring/Summer 2016
Disco was in full swing for DVF's latest runway show. Let a bold shadow and Farrah Fawcett hair be your newest go-to when you hit the dancefloor.
1. Use a a glimmering blue or green eyeshadow around the eye and just above the crease. Our preferred pick is Kat Von D's Metal Crush Eyeshadow.
2. Seal in the eyes with mascara and a dose of Make Up Forever liquid eyeliner.
3. A subtle application of lip gloss will bring the whole look together.
Monique Lhuillier Spring/Summer 2016
This season's latest beauty trend is completely unexpected, but for all the right reasons. A touch of colored liquid eyeliner will give your beauty regime an added splash of vibrancy.
1. Accent brows with a pencil, filling in your natural arch.
2. Using a green liquid eyeliner, make a bold cat eye on the top lid. Our favorite is forest green but other awesome color choices include teal and pastel iterations.
3. Add a bit of mascara to finish off the eyes.
4. Pull the look together with a nude lip.
Oscar De La Renta Spring/Summer 2016
Take a mini-vacation to Spain with Oscar De La Renta's Spanish-infused style.
1. First start with a bold, but still subtle layer of Blinc's black liquid eyeliner.
2. Next brighten up the lip with a fierce red lipstick. Dolce & Gabbana's matte pick will counteract a dewy skin complexion.
3. Finish off the look with a touch of mineral blush for a rosy, youthful complexion.
Alice + Olivia By Stacey Bendet Spring/Summer 2016
We're predicting that sparkling eyes and teased braids will be the newest "it" look come spring.
1. Apply gold eyeshadow on the lid of the eye. We suggest picks from stilla, Buxom, or Urban Decay depending on your desired level of brightness.
3. On the corners of the eyelid, accent with an earthy, brown shadow.
3. Finish with a nude lip.
More in lifestyle:
Bella Hadid slays at Dior fashion show in Paris
Best summer beauty products
Kate Middleton's $17 secret for flawless hair