Letting your dog lick your face can make you go blind
With all your do for your dog, it's only fair to expect some sort of appreciation from them. And until he or she can turn those fetch skills into something lucrative to buy you presents, a smooch on the face will just have to do!
But one expert says letting your dog lick your face is pretty bad for you.
Virologist Dr. John Oxford, the founder of Retroscreen Virology and co-author of "Human Virology" says, "It is not just what is carried in saliva. Dogs spend half of their life with their noses in nasty corners or hovering over dog droppings so their muzzles are full of bacteria, viruses and germs of all sorts."
It isn't difficult for canines to pick up things like salmonella and campylobacter, both of which can be found inside your pup's mouth. Your dog could also potentially pass ringworm from his face to yours. And then there's toxocariasis which can cause blindness. (How do those doggy kisses look to you now?)
Once ill, you might suffer from symptoms similar to food poisoning such as nausea, fever and vomiting.
Dr. Hilary Longhurst from St. Bartholomew's Hospital in London says the risk of your dog passing something to you can be minimized by taking him or her to the vet every year to be dewormed.
Whatever. We're gonna choose to throw caution to the wind on this one.
Check out these dogs wearing clothes!