Avocado and banana cream pops
Creamy Avocado Ice Pops
Prep time: 5 min // Freeze time: 4 hours to overnight // Makes: 6 - 8
- 2 medium avocados*
- 1 medium banana*
- 1 can (5.4 oz) coconut cream
- 1/4 cup agave nectar (or honey, to taste)
- 1/2 cup almond milk, coconut milk, or water
- 8 oz white chocolate morsels.
- In a food processor or blender, blend all ingredients except the white chocolate until smooth and pour or spoon into an ice pop mold.
- Plunk some ice pop sticks into 'em and freeze them 4 hours to over night. Once they've frozen super solid, melt the white chocolate in the microwave - about one and a half minutes on high with stirring sessions every 30 seconds should do the trick.
- Stir the white chocolate vigorously to remove lumps and pour it into a heat proof, deep and thin cylindrical container (a cup) and let cool to almost room temperature.
- Remove ice pops from freezer and dip each one half way or whole way (?) into the chocolate. Either immediately eat or place back into the freezer until ready to serve.
Notes: Depending on the size of your avocados and banana, this recipe may vary slightly in how much it yields. If you have excess mix, drink it - or toss it into ice cube trays with toothpicks.
RELATED: Grown-up grapefruit popsicles