9 travel beauty essentials
With summer finally here, I'm sure you all have vacations on the brain! After traveling up to Carmel last week I started to think about my travel beauty essentials. There are definitely some products that I think are always important to include. Wherever you're heading this summer, make sure you check this list before you go!
9 TRAVEL BEAUTY ESSENTIALS
- Eye Mask– Eye masks are always a must when I travel, especially considering some hotel rooms have lighter curtains than others. I love this slip sleep mask because it's made of 100% silk and won't tug on the skin around your eyes.
- Travel Brushes– Bringing full-sized brushes when you travel is totally unnecessary. They take up room, and they get so dirty in your makeup bag. Having a mini set to travel with is so helpful! I love this mini travel brush set that comes in its own carrying case.
- Comb/Brush– This seems like an obvious one, but I can't tell you how often I've forgotten one or the other. It's the worst when you get out of the shower and don't have a comb to go through your hair with. This compact Tangle Teezer comes with a click-on cover that's great for travel! I also love this travel brush with both boar and plastic bristles.
- Face Mask– I love bringing masks with me when I travel because they're perfect to do in the evenings when I'm back in my room catching up on work. I love the Tata Harper Purifying Mask and it comes in a convenient 1 oz size. The mask works to deeply cleanse and detoxify skin, which is ideal while you're traveling and dealing with all the elements. Plus the mask is 100% natural and non-toxic.
- Perfume– I can't forget perfume when I travel. I almost feel naked without it! Rollerballs are so handy because you can throw them in your bag and go. One of my favorite spring/summer scents is Aerin Lilac Path– it smells heavenly!
- Lip and Cheek Tint– Multi-purpose beauty products are so handy when you travel because you can save a little extra room. A lip and cheek tint, like this one from Jouer, does double duty! I love the Petal and Peony colors for summer!
- Sunscreen– If you can bring your own sunscreen I would highly recommend it. Sunscreen is always so expensive when you travel and stores don't always have the best options. I started using this one from Block Island Organics and I really like it. It's natural, organic, and non-toxic, plus it's very lightweight and gentle enough for sensitive skin.
- Dry Shampoo/Hair Spray– Dry shampoo seriously comes in handy. It's great not only when you need to hide dirty hair, but also when you want to give your hair a little extra lift and body. That is so needed after a day of travel and exploring. One of my favorites, R+Co Death Valley, comes in a handy travel size. And isn't the name and packaging so fitting? They also make a great mini hair spray too, R+Co Outer Space Flexible Hair Spray.
- Tan Towelette– Kate Somerville makes the best tan towelettes in my opinion! They are so easy to use and give you a natural glow- streak-free! It's nice to have these on hand to give you a little extra color without needing to spend all day in the sun.
Are there any things you think are must-haves for beauty when you travel? Share with me below!