Curry-lovin' seagull rescued after falling into tub of chicken tikka masala becomes viral sensation
When the craving for Indian food strikes, sometimes there's no stopping it.
Workers at the Vale Wildlife Hospital in Gloucestershire recently rescued a seagull that had turned bright orange after falling into a tub of chicken tikka masala, the Independent reported.
It is believed the hungry bird was scavenging in some bins outside a food factory, attempting to pick out the bits of meat from the pot when he lost his footing and plunged into the sauce, noted Wales Online.
"He really surprised everyone here – we had never seen anything like it before," said Lucy Kells, a nurse at Vale.
Kells has been sharing updates on the bird via Vale's Facebook page.
"We've cleaned him up and he is doing well, with no upset tummy!" she said in a recent post. "Hopefully he'll stick to a much more bland diet in the future."
Restoring the seagull to his original color reportedly took about 30 minutes and a bunch of liquid soap, but staffers say his pungent aroma is proving rather difficult to wash away.
"The thing that shocked us the most was the smell," Kells said. "He smelled amazing."
Though the animal hospital staff has been caring for the bird, they say they're still looking for "a good curry related name for him."
We have a pretty good suggestion ...