OnlyOnAOL: Five things that will stun you about Laura Marano
By: Donna Freydkin
Let's talk about singer/actress Laura Marano, whose single 'Boombox' is getting major buzz; the video has garnered more than 25 million views online. Little wonder: it's a crazy-catchy clip that also features family friend Ken Jeong (and his daughter) as a mercurial director with a major ego. Here's what you need to know about Marano, who's gracious, outgoing and deeply intelligent.
1. "I have a flip phone. I've had three in my whole life. Very true."
2. "One of my favorite movies is 'Moulin Rouge.' I'm obsessed with Nicole Kidman and Evan McGregor."
3. "I am double-jointed. My arms are hyper-extended."
4. "I am a ridiculously-good pogo-sticker. I could beat everyone in here on the pogo stick."
5. "I used to keep journals when I was younger and one was when I was five years old and I used to talk about my ex boyfriends and the fights my sister and I would have. It's pretty great."
And for an extra treat, watch our interview with Jeong below.