10 confessions from pregnant employees might shock you
When you're pregnant, you need to take tip-top care of your body (and your baby's body). That doesn't just mean eating healthy and drinking enough water -- it also includes keeping yourself relatively stress-free and out of physically demanding situations. Oftentimes, the demands of a normal workday make it difficult to take as good care of your pregnant body as you'd like to.
Several pregnant employees took to Whisper, the popular app that provides an anonymous platform for people to share their most honest thoughts, to express what it's really like to be a pregnant person in the workforce.
1. Your employees might not completely understand the physical toll pregnancy can have on you, even at the beginning:
2. Just because you choose to share exciting news about your pregnancy, that doesn't mean you want everyone to invade your privacy:
3. It's hard to find an appropriate excuse for laying low with physical labor, especially before your coworkers know that you're pregnant:
4. Just because you're pregnant doesn't mean that you have to completely stop your workflow:
5. It might be an awkward scenario if and when the time comes to return to work if your job is being done by someone else:
6. When your coworkers help you out, you start to realize why your team flows well professionally as well as personally:
7. You probably wonder what your coworkers who don't know that you're pregnant think of your changing stomach:
8. Getting used to a more stress-free work style might be a challenge in and of itself:
9. Everyone loves a newborn baby:
Want to hear more from pregnant employees? Check out Whisper!
Pregnant and looking for what to eat? Get on that avocado craze:
More from Whisper:
This is what it really feels like to get passed up for a promotion
These people are unafraid to admit how antidepressants have helped them
This is how Americans are really feeling about our political future