Grilled Thai veggie noodle bowls
I made these fabulous Spicy Thai-Style Grilled Veggie Skewers. I had lots of leftovers, so I got creative and turned them into these Thai veggie noodle bowls! The noodles are slurpy, the veggies are spicy, and the peanuts are crunchy. Perfection, my dear friends.
A cilantro-heavy marinade is the star in this versatile recipe for Spicy Thai-Style Grilled Veggie Skewers. An easy side-dish for a summer BBQ, these veggies can also take the center stage when served atop a bowl of rice or noodles.
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ pound udon noodles
- 3 cups Spicy Thai-Style Grilled Vegetables, warmed
- ½ cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed
- Whisk together the fish sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, oyster sauce, and soy sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cook the noodles according to package directions for al dente. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the cooking water before draining the noodles.
- Return the cooked noodles to the pot and set the heat to medium. Pour the prepared sauce mixture into the pot along with the reserved cooking water. Toss well and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce clings to the noodles. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with the grilled vegetables. Garnish with chopped peanuts and sesame seeds.
RELATED: How to make Thai drunken noodles