Marco Rubio does 'not want to be considered' for Donald Trump's running mate
Former Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio released a statement on his Facebook page Monday afternoon saying he does not want to be considered for
Donald Trump's running mate.
The Florida senator said his "previously stated reservations about his campaign and concerns with many of his policies remain unchanged."
The news shouldn't come as too much of a surprise. Rubio said he wasn't interested in participating in the 2016 race, regardless of who the nominee was, after dropping out in March.
Rubio often clashed with Trump during the campaign, with the comments becoming increasingly personal as time went on, and he was very coy about whether he would support the real-estate mogul if Trump secured the nomination. Rubio later said he wasn't proud of the attacks and said, "if I had to do it again I wouldn't."
See more potential Trump running mates:
That didn't stop some, including Trump, from floating his name as a potential running mate, along with his former GOP primary rivalsTed Cruz and John Kasich.
Rubio is not alone among Republican leaders in voicing their concerns over a potential Trump presidency. Jeb Bush, along with former Presidents George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush, all announced last week they would not be voting for Trump or his likely rival
House Speaker Paul Ryan said Friday he wouldn't support Trump's candidacy "right now," but said he hoped "to support his candidacy fully."