Strawberry and lemon pancakes
Get ready to throw out that tired old pancake recipe because these strawberry pancakes with lemon glaze are dominating the breakfast table & we aren't even upset about it. Light, fluffy, and perfectly sweet, these puppies are so easy to master you'll be whipping them up with your eyes closed in no time! – xoxo, LK
Hello my gorgeous girl, Elizabeth here! First and for most thank you for stopping by and I hope this recipe has caught your eye as much as it has caught my stomach! All puns' intended!
Are you a twenty something year old?! If you are (in all total seriousness) I believe you should have at least mmmm... I'm going to say three things that you should totally and absolutely hone. They are your recipes and as soon as you step foot in the kitchen you know that you are a total bad ass. That spatula is suddenly your wand and you're going to win-gardium-leviosa the crap out of that dish. It's a skill that will make you more confident and give you some ease when you have people over. Pancakes are amongst the most simple when it comes to breakfast foods and I know you can kill it! Bow tie that apron up and get to it sister friend!
Before you get started, make sure you're up to date on your pancake tips!
– Use a cast iron pan or a pan that heats up really evenly!
– Always use butter or non-stick spray in the pan so they don't stick on you!
– Pancakes are ready to flip when they are bubbling and the bubbles stay open!
– Do not over mix your batter! Lumps are your friends.
– Your first few pancakes generally do not cook well; don't get frustrated in the beginning!
– I'm a maple syrup lover too, but don't be afraid to think outside of the box with your toppings! Love bananas?! Me too! Caramelize them with some brown sugar and cinnamon for an amazing topping!
STRAWBERRY LEMON PANCAKES
- 2 Cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 Teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 Teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon of salt
- 1 ½ Cups of whole milk
- 1 Whole egg
- 4 Tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 Tablespoons of white granulated sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 Teaspoon of lemon zest
- *1 Cup of diced strawberries
- 1 Cup of powdered sugar
- 3 – 5 Tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
In two large bowls mix together your wet and dry ingredients. Mix wet ingredients until light and fluffy for about a minute. Add in dry ingredients in two batches mixing until just incorporated after each set.
Add in strawberries and gently fold until combined. Transfer batter to a measuring cup for an easier pour. Note* if batter is too think it can be thinned with more milk to reach desired consistency. Heat skillet to medium high with generous amount of butter.
In a small bowl whisk powdered sugar and lemon juice until thin consistency is reached. Top pancakes with glaze, powdered sugar and strawberries.