Indulge your sweet tooth with chocolate and peanut butter-stuffed croissants
We know that you, like the rest of us, try to maintain some discipline over what you eat for breakfast. After all, health is important, and a healthy breakfast is an important part of a productive day.
But what about when it's the weekend, and you have some extra time, and you want a little treat? After all, you probably deserve a special little something!
We all do from time to time, and this indulgent breakfast is the perfect way to remind yourself that you're worthy of having a little decadence.
And don't worry, you can have a deliciously healthy breakfast, like this savory, brunch-perfect avocado pizza, anytime — so once in a while, cut loose and have the chocolatey treat you deserve!
This recipe takes the croissant, a classic breakfast staple, and turns it into a sweet, nutty treat. And as a bonus, this sweet breakfast recipe is also perfect for holidays and birthdays, or any other day of celebration, and kids will love it! And for grown-ups, it pairs perfectly with a steaming cup of coffee.
Check out the recipe below, and enjoy this indulgent breakfast with your feet up!Chocolate Peanut Butter–Stuffed Croissants
- Cook: 10 minutes
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Serves 6
- 6 large croissants
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup honey-roasted peanuts
- Whipped cream, chocolate sauce, or any toppings of your choice
- Combine peanut butter and chocolate-hazelnut spread in a bowl and stir until blended.
- Slice your croissants horizontally and spread your peanut butter mixture generously inside. Put them back together like a sandwich.
- Combine eggs and half-and-half. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour your egg mixture into a shallow bowl and dip your croissants in until they're evenly coated.
- Lay out your coated croissants on a baking sheet.
- Place your peanuts in a Ziplock bag and gently tap with a rolling pin until the peanuts are crushed.
- Sprinkle crushed peanuts on top of your croissants.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes at 325 °F.
- Top with whipped cream, chocolate sauce, or whatever you like, and enjoy!
Of course, you can experiment with all kinds of flavor combinations using this recipe as a basic foundation. Go nuts! You deserve it. And don't forget to SHARE this recipe with someone you think deserves a treat!
More from LittleThings:
This milk jug made of chocolate is the perfect way to hide your candy
Chicken parmesan: A cozy Italian classic perfect for family dinners!
Ombre layer cake: The subtle, stylish way to celebrate summer!
You've never seen cheese done right until you've seen how Raclette does cheese