These DIY rope coasters lend some rustic charm and protect your tables
It's great to enjoy a cold beverage, especially with friends — but not so great is the condensation that can leave rings and discoloration on wooden surfaces. Not cute.
So that's why coasters were invented. And while you can get coasters anywhere, they're a perfect opportunity for a little self-expression.
And like these cute DIY autumn leaf coasters, these have a rustic, one-of-a-kind charm that makes them subtle, but stylish. Like all of our DIY projects, these can be adapted and personalized to fit your own unique style!
- Cork board
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Rope or twine
- A CD
- Using a marker, trace your CD onto the cork board to create a perfect circle.
- Cut out your circle.
- Place a good-sized dot of glue in the center of the cork circle.
- Coil the end of your rope into a spiral and press into the glue. Hold for a moment to make sure it stays in place.
- Continue coiling the rope around the glued section, pressing down in the glue as you go.
- Coil until you've filled up the circle and glue down the outer rim.
- Snip off the excess rope and let dry.
- Make as many coasters as you need, and then place your drinks on them!
Check out the video below to see the process in action, and create simple and inexpensive, but stylish coasters perfect for enjoying a beverage indoors or out! And don't forget to SHARE with your crafty friends, too!
More from LittleThings:
Gorgeous ceramic bowl is the stuff of delicate DIY dreams
Transform your hall closet into a fabulous and functional mudroom
Picture frame mason jar is the perfect Mother's Day keepsake
Mother's Day clothespin frames are the perfect way to say 'I love you'