Cook up your own McDonald's Big Macs in just 30 minutes
McDonald's is perhaps one of the most classically iconic American brands in the world.
With its straightforward, down-to-earth menu items, like the popular breakfast hash browns, McDonald's is popular in almost every country across the globe, but remains most well-known in this country.
In an exclusive video below, we share a recipe for McDonald's famous Big Macs — and they're so accurately recreated, down to the burger's beloved Special Sauce!
As with all other recipes, you can feel free to tweak, swap out, and customize the ingredients however you want to.
For example, feel free to substitute in your favorite condiments for the Special Sauce recipe — it calls for mustard, but it's absolutely fine to add in, say, some white wine vinegar or some French dressing!
Make sure to check out the recipe below, and watch the video after to get the full instructions.
Will you be making your own Big Macs from now on? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!Homemade Big Macs
- Cook: 8 minutes
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Serves 3
- Ground beef
- Onion powder
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsps. mustard
- 1 tsp. ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. minced onion
- 4 tsps. relish
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 6 slices American cheese
- Lettuce, chopped finely
- 9 sesame seed burger buns
- Season beef with salt and onion powder, and pound with a rolling pin.
- Flatten beef out on a flat surface, and use a cookie cutter to cut out beef patties.
- Season patties, and cook in pan for a few minutes on each side. Drain and set aside.
- To make the Special Sauce, combine mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, minced onion, relish, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Stir well.
- Assemble each burger in this order: bun, sauce, cheese, patty, lettuce, bun, sauce, cheese, patty, lettuce, pickles, bun.
- Serve warm with fries and condiments. Enjoy!
Make sure to check out the video below to see how easily you can make your own Big Mac! Will you be trying your hand at the Big Mac? Let us know in the comments below.
Please SHARE if you love what the classic McDonald's menu has to offer!
More from LittleThings:
Peanut butter brownie coconut bars: A triple-layer of decadent bliss
Sip through time with 130 years of vibrant Coca-Cola ads
Fried pizza sticks: Nostalgic comfort food full of flavor
Cookie-bottom cake is the most festive dessert for every summer party!