11 teachers who couldn't imagine having any other job
There are plenty of challenges that come along with being a teacher -- not only is the education of young, vulnerable minds in your hands, but you need to also create lesson plans, keep your classroom interesting and (at times) deal with less-than-understanding parents. That being said, similar to parenting, watching children you care about grow, flourish and excel is an irreplaceable feeling that teachers often get to experience. It's the kind of feeling that makes all of the little annoyances of your everyday work life so, so worth it.
Several overjoyed teachers took to Whisper, the popular app that provides an anonymous platform for people to share their most honest thoughts, to explain the real joys of teaching.
1. Knowing you made a significant difference in someone's life is reason enough to keep at your work:
2. Salary and credit are lesser matters when measured up against passion and fulfillment:
3. It's amazing to be in a position to have so many young minds look up to you:
4. All nine-to-five-ers can really ask for is to wake up and feel excited about going to work:
5. Teachers are totally allowed to nerd out over cute school things:
6. You can watch young children grow into kind people as it happens:
7. Becoming a teacher will probably make you remember all the instructors who influenced you:
8. No ego boost like a bunch of kids telling you you're pretty all day:
9. Seeing your students do well should make you not only proud of them but also of yourself:
10. Teaching allows you to pay forward the valuable lessons you learned in your own youth:
11. It's an amazing opportunity to open up the world for kids who might not otherwise get that chance:
Want to hear more from content teachers? Check out Whisper!
Look how dedicated these teachers are to their students:
More from Whisper:
Why it's okay to be estranged, from 12 people who don't talk to their parents
13 convincing reasons to unplug from social media
12 confessions from male victims of domestic abuse will stop you in your tracks