Bake a deliciously moist chocolate chip cake with this secret ingredient
Baking is far from my specialty. In fact, the only dessert I know how to confidently whip up comes from a box of cake mix.
Luckily, it turns out that there's an entire guidebook on secret tricks and hacks that we can use to effortlessly bake magnificent cakes. Some tricks will help you bake the most decadent, dairy-free cakes, and others will help you finish with the most perfect, moist cake ever.
In an exclusive video below, we share a wonderful recipe for a buttery, creamy chocolate chip cake. Like most simple cakes, it incorporates basic ingredients like butter, sugar, and eggs.
But it also includes an additional secret ingredient that just takes the cake to a whole new fantastic level.
This mystery ingredient is in fact no mystery at all. It comes in a regular can, and can be found in any ol' local supermarket!
Make sure to check out the recipe below, then watch the video for the full instructions to see how easily you can replicate this chocolate chip cake.
Will you be trying your hand at this recipe in your own kitchen? Let us know what you think about the secret baking hacks in the comments below!Secret Ingredient Chocolate Cake
- Cook: 35 minutes
- Prep: 30 minutes
- Serves 10
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsps. unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 14 oz. can condensed milk
- 2 tsps. vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- Chocolate flakes, for decorating
- In a bowl, combine 2 sticks butter and sugar. Cream with electric blender.
- Add in 3/4 cup condensed milk, vanilla extract, and blend some more.
- Put in eggs and flour, and blend between adding.
- Coat chocolate chips in flour, to keep from sinking later in the batter. Sift well, and add to batter.
- Spray 2 round baking pans with nonstick cooking spray, and line with parchment paper.
- Fill pans with batter. Bake each cake for 30 to 35 minutes at 325 °F.
- For frosting, combine confectioners sugar, 3 Tbsps. butter, evaporated milk, and remainder of condensed milk into a bowl. Cream well with blender.
- Assemble cake by combining 2 layers, adding on frosting on top of each layer.
- Decorate with chocolate flakes. Serve, and enjoy!
Watch the video below for the full recipe tutorial! Please SHARE if you think this cake looks delicious!
More from LittleThings:
Beautiful rainbow latte art will make you love coffee even more
This watercolor drip chocolate cake is easier to make than it looks!
The rules Audrey Hepburn lived by for a healthy, happy life
Cheesy skillet meatballs are like a party on your plate!