Potato chip may have saved woman's life

A Potato Chip May Have Saved This Woman's Life
A Potato Chip May Have Saved This Woman's Life

Eating potato chips might have saved a Washington state woman's life.

Kristine Moore says she takes Ruffles potato chips to work every day. She told KIRO that in February, she discovered a cancerous tumor on her tonsil after it was poked by a potato chip.

SEE ALSO: Woman is body shamed buying bikini, responds in empowering way

"The potato chip was a blessing in disguise. I probably wouldn't have found out for another year," Moore said.

According to the Mayo Clinic, "Tonsil cancer is often diagnosed late in the disease, when cancer has spread to nearby areas, such as the tongue and the lymph nodes."

Her prognosis is good since the disease was caught early. She expects to begin treatment sometime in the next few weeks.

Related: Common foods suspected of causing cancer:

This content is not available due to your privacy preferences.
Update your settings here to see it.