10 things you didn't know about being a cosmetologist
Especially with the growing presence of tutorial videos on the Internet, the significance of having makeup skills has gone totally viral throughout our society. And while many people are self-taught 'experts' with contouring and highlighting, they're probably no match for the people who actually go to cosmetology school and build careers as makeup artists.
These people know all of the tricks of the trade and can probably have you lookin' flawless at your next event -- but that doesn't mean they don't have some secret confessions about their field!
Several makeup artists took to Whisper, the popular app that provides an anonymous platform for people to share their most honest thoughts, to explain what it's really like to be a cosmetologist.
1. You don't have to spend a fortune on tools to look like a queen:
2. Just because you have makeup skills doesn't mean you need to always look done up:
3. Makeup artists cannot help but notice any makeup mistakes on the people around them:
4. Just because you're good at your own makeup doesn't mean you can do your own:
5. Wearing makeup isn't the same thing as photoshopping your pictures:
6. Your professional practice doesn't need to be exceptionally present in your personal life:
7. The idea of makeup might have unfair connotations when it comes to people who do it for a living:
8. Just like doctors don't take medicine all day, makeup artists don't necessarily like wearing makeup:
9. You can do good things for the world, no matter your professional position:
10. To each his own, people:
Want more confessions from makeup artists? Check out Whisper!
Looking to get into cosmetology? Take some advice: