This dry shampoo horror story is a lazy person's worst nightmare
Dry shampoo is a busy person's best friend. The wonder spray can 'replace' a shower when you're on the run, pinched for time, or simply don't feel like going through the motions of shampoo and conditioning.
But a recent, viral post on Facebook might have changed our feelings on the miracle spray. Uploaded by Nicole Baxter, a resident of Belfast, Northern Ireland, the post warns about the dangers that can stem from using the seemingly harmless beauty staple.
Upon noticing a thinning spot getting larger, Baxter made an appointment with her doctor as the "wee red sores and blisters all over [her] scalp" led to a terrible burning sensation all over her head. That doctor referred her to a dermatologist, who diagnosed her with triangular alopecia, also known as hair loss in one area of the head.
The dermatologist prescribed a biopsy, which would have called for a needle to be inserted (deep) into her scalp. It was later rescheduled when the doctor realized that she had dry shampoo in her hair, thus effecting the procedure's results.
Baxter stopped using the spray from there on out, and when she went back six weeks later for the procedure, the dermatologist realized what had been the culprit all along -- the dry shampoo.
She was prescribed a bottle of T-Gel to correct the issue, however claims she's unsure if her hair will ever grow back the same again.
While Baxter's reaction may have been a rarity, it's good to know the permanent damage that the beauty 'must have' is capable of. Moral of the story? You might want to think twice before you skip out on the shower next time, the extra thirty minutes you'd be saving probably isn't worth it.