13 reasons you should be eating more sushi
Everyone has their own go-to comfort food. For some, that might be a heap of spaghetti and meatballs -- others crave tubs of ice cream. One of the most popular foods around, though, is something that you might not necessarily associate with comfort foods -- but that's all about to change. We're talking about sushi, people!
The delicious Japanese delicacy usually starts with a base of seaweed, sticky rice and sesame seeds -- and rolled up inside can be pretty much anything you can imagine. That's what makes it so incredible! Vegetarians, vegans, gluten-free people, pescatarians, and meat-eaters alike could all probably find common ground at a sushi bar. And if you're not convinced yet that sushi is the food of the future, the food of the people, and most certainly what's for dinner, you should turn to social media get some sense knocked into you.
Several social media gurus took to Kanvas, the popular app that allows users to create art, videos and much more, to document some of their most impressive sushi meals!
1. No better way to bring in the weekend than over a couple of rolls:
2. Making your own fresh sushi is actually surprisingly easy:
3. If sushi doesn't make you smile, you should at least shape your roll into a big grin:
4. If you're a real sushi fan, you can honor it at your next costume party:
5. Have your next romantic date at a sushi restaurant:
6. They say you eat with your eyes first, and the look of this plate certainly makes us hungry:
7. Love sushi? Try eating it with chopsticks instead of your fingers:
8. One of the best things about sushi is that it's easily portable:
9. Literally freaking out over this adorable plate of food:
10. Keep calm and get some salmon sashimi for dinner:
11. Okay we knew sushi was delicious, but cute, too?
12. Always looks different, but always tastes equally delicious:
13. Simplicity is key:
There's a history behind that delicious plate of sushi in front of you:
More from Kanvas:
International Pillow Fight Day was as fun as it sounds
Spring is here! And here are 11 reasons you should savor the season
8 nailpolish masterpieces that look like they should be in museums