Shaved brussels sprout salad
By: With Salt & Wit
I am in love with this salad for so many reasons. But one big reason is the fact that it holds together beautiful. I am talking, make it on a Sunday and enjoy it all week long. Just dress it before devouring! Which brings me to my next point, it is the ideal salad for holidays, like Easter! Make it the day before, cover then store in the fridge. Then before the big feast, toss with the delicious dressing and you are set!
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and shaved
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup roasted, salted almonds
- ½ cup crumbled Goat Cheese
Citrus Poppy Seed Dressing:
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (about juice of 2 large lemons)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/16 teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Salad: In a large bowl, combine the brussels sprouts, dried cranberries, almonds and goat cheese.
- Dressing: Combine the lemon juice, honey, dijon mustard, oil, vinegar, onion powder and salt in a blender. Mix until smooth. Add the poppy seeds and process just until combined. Place in an air tight container and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- When ready to serve, top salad with dressing and serve.
See the original post at With Salt & Wit!