11 shocking confessions prove why you shouldn't have an affair with your boss
It's basically impossible not to form relationships at your place of work, especially when the nature of your career requires you to be in an office with the same team every day. Whether these relationships are simply professional or they're close and friendly, it's normal and healthy to have a social outlet at work. That being said, it's generally taboo to get involved with coworkers romantically. And what's even more taboo than an affair with your coworkers?
An affair with your boss.
Several people took to Whisper, the popular app that provides an anonymous platform for people to share their most honest thoughts, to explain what it's really like to have an affair with your boss.
1. Carrying on with your boss romantically might be driven by a desire for an easier time at work:
2. It may feel like the relationship is your boss' responsibility because he or she has the upper hand at work:
3. Work may feel a lot easier once you're on your boss' good side:
4. The danger in having a romantic relationship with your boss is what happens if and when it ends:
5. Having an affair can backfire in ways you might never have expected:
6. What begins as an exciting fling can end up hurting your emotions:
7. It's ironic if you're trying to get leeway at work to take care of your family by committing adultery:
8. Finding out that you're the "other woman" puts you in a very difficult situation:
9. Even if you're not the one cheating on your family, you could still feel just as guilty:
10. Having to reject your boss might put you in a seriously awkward position:
11. Wondering if your coworkers know what's really going on can be anxiety-provoking:
Want more from people having affairs with their bosses? Check out Whisper!
Not all work relationships are taboo! Check out the benefits of having close relationships at work:
More from Whisper:
It's not for everyone: 11 college dropouts explain why they made the right decision
14 confessions prove how difficult the transgender journey can be
This is how Muslim people really feel about Donald Trump