Top 9 at 9: Forever 21 controversy, planning your Easter meal and more
We've got the top 9 things you need to know this a.m. -- from the latest fashion sightings, to style news, to must-have products - our daily style fix is the best accessory.
Scroll through the list below to see what's trending, what we're loving, and what stories you'll want to share with your friends!
1. A T-shirt that cost less than $20 created a social media firestorm for clothing retailer Forever 21. The men's shirt with the phrase 'Don't say maybe if you want to say no,' has been accused of promoting rape culture and victim shaming.
The online outrage began after several customers posted pictures of the shirt. From the sarcastic to the serious, many Twitter users have said, 'shame on Forever 21,' and questioned how this slogan was approved in the first place.
Check out the developing controversy and shop some cute shirts with slogans you'll actually approve of here.
2. In a rush? Get out the door in less than 10 minutes with life-changing beauty hacks like eyelash extensions, a crazy trick called 'tantouring,' semi-permanent eyebrow embroidering (yes, this is a thing), and using multi-tasking products that can be applied with your fingers. See just how much time you can save with the right products here! (Byrdie)
4. The super-fit Instagram star Anna Victoria will be launching her latest Fit Body Guide (weeks 13-24) this spring, and we couldn't be more excited. Join the fun and check out her site -- the transformation photos will make you want to start the program this very second.
5. Those extra hours you're putting in at the office might actually kill you, according to a new study. The Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine recently published research that found just two hours of extra work each week can increase your risk for cardiovascular disease -- and the more hours you work overtime, the greater your risk gets! Learn more here.
6. You wear sunscreen to protect your skin from UV rays, but what are you doing about HEV rays? Your tech devices—like your phone and computer, emit HEV—High Energy Visible and Infrared light—which penetrates skin even more deeply the UVA and UVB rays, but thankfully there's a way you can fight back.
7. Going on spring break? Head to Santa Monica, California, where you can enjoy sun, surf and some seriously good Australian food at Bondi Harvest ('run by a bunch of Aussies who love good food, great coffee, surfing, diving and being outdoors').
8. Did you know that the scent of your home is the first things people notice when they walk in? Check out these helpful tips for making your home smell as inviting as possible before you have your significant other's parents over for the first time.
9. You can kiss your fear of flying goodbye thanks to European airline Ryanair, which allows passengers to carry on items that may of assistance if the plane were to go down. Items include parachutes, life jackets, avalanche survival kits and more! Check it out here.