12 ways meditation can solve more problems than you realize
Everyone has his or her own way of coping with everyday stress, turmoil and tragedy. Whether you choose to see a psychologist, or find a more unique outlet in nature, there's really no wrong way to take care of yourself to remain happy and healthy. An increasingly popular way to find peace and stability that several people use is meditation.
Skeptical about the peaceful practice? Maybe these 12 people who took to Whisper, the popular app that provides an anonymous platform for people to share their most honest thoughts, to explain exactly why they turn to meditation.
1. Sometimes, you just need to look within yourself to find the confidence you need:
2. There's nothing like being at peace with yourself to make you more at peace with others:
3. There's no more magic to negative energy than there is to positive energy -- so spread that positivity!
4. When it's working for you, meditation will make you realize you don't need a substance to feel good:
5. Once you find a healthy outlet to fulfill you, it's good to implement it into your life more permanently:
6. Although it's good to find contentedness through a healthy practice, you shouldn't solely rely on it for happiness:
7. The best outlets may come to you in ways you'd never expect:
8. Self-control can help you through so many negative obstacles:
9. There's no better feeling than getting back into a practice you once loved:
10. You can heal yourself through meditation in even the most difficult of struggles:
11. Get to know yourself better so you can forgive yourself for the things plaguing you:
12. It's funny when you realize that things that once felt so big are actually so small:
Hear more from meditators by checking out Whisper for yourself!
Check out how much meditation can reduce stress:
More from Whisper:
14 things you didn't know about being a stay-at-home dad
11 reasons to celebrate Saint Patrick's Day
10 Republicans who don't support trump are freaking out about the fate of their party (and our country)