Happy Saint Patrick's Day! Here are 11 reasons you should be celebrating
Happy Saint Patrick's Day! Today is a day to honor all things Irish -- a culture rich with food, history and pride. And whether or not you hail from the land of the rolling green hills, today is the day to celebrate those who do. So in case you don't know what Irish pride really means, we're here to tell you!
Several Irish people took to Whisper, the popular app that provides an anonymous platform for people to share their most honest thoughts, to explain exactly why they're so proud of their home country.
1. Caring about your heritage is by no means racist:
2. The clothing that represents Irish culture is certainly unique:
3. Why hide from the storm when you can dance in the rain?
4. Being considered a lucky charm is way better than being considered a drunk:
5. What makes you feel more at home than the expressions you know and love?
6. Having some of your culture's 'stereotypical' qualities doesn't make you a stereotype:
7. Going back to the land of your ancestors can be very surreal and touching:
8. Celebrating Irish culture isn't just about getting wasted:
9. No one likes to be judged about how they look, even if it has to do with their heritage:
10. Having a historical and ancestral goal can be very inspiring:
11. Sometimes, what's inside of you makes you feel more at home than your surroundings:
Want more Saint Patrick's Day confessions? Check out Whisper!
Are you celebrating as hard as these people?
More from Whisper:
10 Republicans who don't support trump are freaking out about the fate of their party (and our country)
11 college students reveal their struggle with financial aid
What it's really like to struggle with alcoholism, from 12 addicts