5 stabbed and slashed during bloody brawl at after-hours club
WASHINGTON HEIGHTS, Manhattan (WPIX) – Two women and three men were slashed and stabbed during a bloody early morning brawl at an after-hours club in Upper Manhattan, police said.
It happened about 6 a.m. in the basement of 2236 Amsterdam Ave. Police described that location as an "after-hours club."
A fight broke out inside the venue and a pair of men – who are still at large – pulled out knives and began cutting those around them, police said. It wasn't known what provoked the melee.
In all, five people were hurt:
- A 44-year-old woman was stabbed in the abdomen
- A 30-year-old man was slashed in his neck
- An 18-year-old man was slashed across his chest
- A 31-year-old man was stabbed in the stomach
- A 24-year-old man was stabbed in the stomach
They were all taken to hospitals with non-life threatening injuries, police said.
See photos from the scene:
Anyone with information in the case is urged to call NYPD's Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS.