Nori wraps with tahini dressing
By: The Healthy Apple
If you like California rolls, you'll love these nori wraps (though personally, I think they're so much better!).The tahini dressing is truly addictive—you're going to want to dress everything in it—and the cabbage provides a nice crunch. If possible, use a food processor to slice the cabbage so you can get it super thin. Also, make sure the vegetable strips are all the same width and length so that they don't hang over the edges of the nori sheets; this will make rolling up the wraps easier. Use leftover tahini drizzle as a dressing for salads or as a dip for crudités.
Sunrise Nori Wraps
- 4 nori seaweed sheets
- ¼ small head red cabbage, very thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 small yellow summer squash, julienned
- 1 small cucumber, julienned
- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 1 recipe Spicy Tahini Drizzle
Spicy Tahini Drizzle
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ¼ tablespoons chickpea miso paste
- 1 tablespoon raw tahini
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Water, as needed to thin the drizzle
Place the nori sheets on a flat surface. Divide the cabbage, carrot, squash, cucumber, and avocado among the sheets. Top each pile of vegetables with a heaping tablespoon of the Spicy Tahini Drizzle, and then roll up the nori sheets into a tube shape.
Make the tahini: Combine all of the ingredients except the water in a blender. Blend, adding water 1 teaspoon at a time as you go, until the mixture becomes a thin sauce.
Get more recipes from Eating Clean: The 21-Day Plan to Detox, Fight Inflammation, and Reset Your Body! and find out how to win a copy of your own here.
Read more on The Healthy Apple: