The benefits of therapy, as told by 16 strong advocates
Everyone has different ways of coping -- whether you find peace within nature or any other unique way to destress, there really is an endless number of ways to remain upbeat, satisfied and happy. An extremely popular way of working through issues and finding clarity within the chaos that life inevitably brings is seeing a therapist.
Several people took to Whisper, the popular app that provides an anonymous platform for people to share their thoughts, to explain honestly how they feel about going to therapy.
1. Having someone dedicated to helping you work through your problems could help you realize that your problems are solvable:
2. Therapy isn't just for outwardly emotional people:
3. While your therapist is there to help you, the ultimate goal is to be able to cope without her/him:
4. Sharing your involvement in such an emotionally vulnerable process might feel like an invasion of privacy:
5. While it may feel strange to open up in new ways, it might help you in the long run:
6. Just because you don't enjoy something doesn't mean it's not good for you:
7. It's subjective whether being sensitive is a good or bad thing:
8. It might not be good to solely rely on therapy to cope without anxiety:
9. Thinking clearly is the key to sanity!
10. Not everyone has people in their daily lives who are there to listen, so a therapist might feel like a savior:
11. Self confidence is an amazing tool for happiness:
12. While it might seem like a stressor or a pain before you start, therapy might end up being an amazing gift to yourself:
13. Therapy might help restore faith in your mental capabilities:
14. No one's perfect:
15. There's no reason anyone should be ashamed of who they are:
16. You might not realize how bad you once felt until you start feeling good again:
Want to hear more from therapy enthusiasts? Check out Whisper!
There are several different forms of therapy, one of which is talk therapy:
More from Whisper:
13 kids reveal surprising secrets they keep from their parents
You probably don't love Starbucks as much as these 12 addicts
Is it possible to be too organized? 11 organization obsessors share their thoughts