These pesto lasagna roll-ups are perfect for your next Italian night
Unless you're fortunate enough to have an Italian grandmother in your life, you may be looking for pointers on how to make your next homemade Italian dinner a success.
But now that I've found this easy-to-follow pesto lasagna roll-up recipe, I am ready to tackle Italian food with newfound confidence and gusto!
This exclusive video shows how to make these tasty lasagna roll-ups right at home. Personally, I can't wait to give this dish a try myself.
For people like me who are looking to show off their culinary skills (without actually having to possess amazing ones), this twist on traditional lasagna is absolutely perfect.
Check out the simple recipe below, and then watch the video to see the roll-up process in action!
Pesto Lasagna Roll-Ups
- Cook: 45 minutes
- Prep: 30 minutes
- Serves 8
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 2 Tbsps. butter
- 2 Tbsps. flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup pesto
- 1 container ricotta cheese
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Boil lasagna noodles, according to package.
- In large saucepan, melt butter and whisk in flour for 2 minutes until lightly browned.
- Whisk in milk for 3 minutes until thickened.
- Season with pepper, as desired.
- In large mixing bowl, combine chicken, mozzarella, pesto, ricotta cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Spread pesto mix onto cooked lasagna noodles.
- Top with tomato sauce and roll noodles.
- In baking pan or bowl, layer béchamel and tomato sauce.
- Top with lasagna roll-ups, tomato sauce, and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 375 °F.
- Serve and enjoy!
Watch the video below to see how easy these lasagna roll-ups are to make at home. Please SHARE this yummy Italian dish with friends and family!
More from LittleThings:
Hungarian baker creates incredibly detailed cookie art
Make delicious stuffed shell pasta with this super-simple recipe!
Make delicious mint chocolate chip cookies just in time for St. Paddy's Day!
Delicious deep-fried root beer float will make you think summer came early!