13 kids reveal surprising secrets they keep from their parents
No matter how close a child and parent may be, there are still usually some secrets kept between the pair. Whether reasoning for the secret is rooted in an expected parental disapproval, a want for privacy, or for fear of letting them down, there are lots of shocking things that kids end up keeping from their parents.
Several people took to Whisper, the popular app that provides an anonymous platform for people to share their most honest thoughts, to share the surprising things they keep from their parents.
1. It might feel scary to ask your parents for financial help, but sometimes it's necessary:
2. What your parents don't know about you might actually be aiding their criticisms:
3. Moving away from the faith your parents taught you to believe in might be hard for them to come to terms with
4. Sometimes, your secrets hurt you more than they'd hurt your parents:
5. The people who think they know the most about you might not know your deepest, darkest secret:
6. It's important that you tell your parents the things that you need them to change:
7. Sometimes, your parents might confuse your wants and needs with their own:
8. Some people will go to extreme lengths to keep secrets from their parents:
9. It's sad to feel like you can't express yourself to the people who love you the most:
10. Now this person is all about testing limits:
11. No one knows what goes through your heads, especially your parents:
Want more confessions from secret-keeping kids? Check out Whisper!
The shocking secrets don't stop at your kids, either!
More from Whisper:
You probably don't love Starbucks as much as these 12 addicts
Is it possible to be too organized? 11 organization obsessors share their thoughts
12 confessions will help you realize how hard it actually is to be a chef