Taking office romance to a new level: 10 confessions from work 'spouses'
Several work husbands and wives took to Whisper, the popular app that provides an anonymous platform for people to share their most honest thoughts, to share what it's really like to have a 'spouse' at the office.
1. When you have a partner you rely on at work, it's impossible not to compare him or her to your partner at home:
2. You may come up with fantasies that you end up feeling guilty about if your work spouse's allegiances lie elsewhere:
3. It can make you wonder what qualities you're lacking when your professional relationships soar but your personal ones fall flat:
4. Even if you consider yourself content and satisfied, there can always be a person who can shake up everything you thought you knew about what you wanted:
5. You may not know how much you rely on someone until they're not there anymore:
6. It might hurt when you realize that your work spouse actually has a real spouse:
7. Complicated feelings can get even more complex when you have a spouse at home who you have to explain your feelings to:
8. You don't need real romantic feelings to appreciate a meaningful friend at work:
9. It's nice to know you built meaningful relationships that will last longer than employment or paychecks:
10. You can never really prepare yourself for life's surprises:
Want more confessions from work spouses? Check out Whisper!
Is romance in the workplace a good idea? Check out the video below:
More from Whisper:
Is it possible to be too organized? 11 organization obsessors share their thoughts
12 confessions will help you realize how hard it actually is to be a chef
10 people explain why they swear by self-medicating with nature