10 people explain why they swear by self-medicating with nature
Several people took to Whisper, the popular app that provides an anonymous platform for people to share their most honest thoughts, to explain how they find therapy within nature.
1. Not being surrounded by people might help you focus on what you need:
2. What's more soothing and awe-inspiring than the natural beauty of the wilderness?
3. Plenty of people find happiness in physical labor and exercise:
4. Sometimes, silence says so much:
5. Sometimes there's no way to find your own inner-strength without spending quality time alone:
6. The positive feelings evoked by nature don't stop at serenity -- several people also find pure joy:
7. A visit to the wilderness can stand to rejuvenate your motivations:
8. Watching the natural world thrive might inspire you to do the same:
9. Claiming responsibility for your own healing can evoke extreme pride:
10. Ironically, the simplest of methods might affect the most complex emotions:
Want more on finding healing within nature? Check out Whisper!
This method is not for naught -- some of our beloved veterans often use it to cope:
More from Whisper:
What it's really like to live with lupus, as told in 14 harrowing confessions
11 Mormons admit what it's like to be judged for their religion
11 confessions from people with celiac disease will make you realize that going gluten-free is more than just a 'craze'