Firefighters in Ohio find bizarre reason that caused small fire in a house

Firefighters In Ohio Find Bizarre Reason That Caused Small Fire In A House

House fires can start due to many different reasons but some of them could be just plain bizarre.

The Lyndhurst Fire Department in Ohio responded to a call about the smell of smoke in a home on February 21st.

SEE ALSO: Father, son to celebrate their unusual Leap Year birthdays

Once the crew arrived, the homeowner noted that money had been discovered burning in an upstairs bedroom window.

Related: Fire safety tips:

Fire safety tips
See Gallery
Firefighters in Ohio find bizarre reason that caused small fire in a house

Keep smoke detectors in each floor of your home, make sure the batteries are replaced periodically and the entire unit replaced every 10 years. 

(Photo: Getty Images)

Keep at least one carbon monoxide alarm in your home and replace the unit every 5-7 years. 

(Photo: Getty Images)

Make sure any young children in your home are educated about fire safety

(Photo: Getty Images)

Create a fire escape plan

(Photo: Getty)

Keep flammable items away from heat sources, such as windows, space heaters and baseboard heating. 

(Photo: Getty Images)


According to the department's Facebook post, "a magnified reflective mirror sitting on the dresser reflected the sun's magnified rays onto the money whichcaused it to heat up and catch fire."

The damage, however, was minimal as the fire eventually extinguished itself.

Some of the money even survived.

More from
Can you spot the hidden animal in this picture of a bed?
Man dives into underwater hole in stunning, terrifying video
Stunning photos of military 'swim calls'

Read Full Story

Sign up for Breaking News by AOL to get the latest breaking news alerts and updates delivered straight to your inbox.

Subscribe to our other newsletters

Emails may offer personalized content or ads. Learn more. You may unsubscribe any time.