11 confessions from people with celiac disease will make you realize that going gluten-free is more than just a 'craze'
Several people with serious gluten intolerances took to Whisper, the popular app that provides an anonymous platform for people to share their most honest thoughts, to express what it's really like to be have celiac disease.
1. While it's difficult to suffer from celiac disease, there could be a lot worse things in the world:
2. Thankfully, lots of restaurants have begun to accommodate people with gluten-free diets:
3. It's could be insulting to a person who has celiac disease to watch someone feign gluten intolerance for the sake of being 'trendy':
4. Adhering to the diet celiac disease demands isn't always enjoyable:
5. Forcing yourself to stay away from foods you love can be truly difficult:
6. Having loved ones worry about you is an added stressor to having celiac disease:
7. If you walked into an aromatic bakery and couldn't have any of the delicious treats, you'd probably cry too:
8. Even though some people go gluten free just to be part of a trend, celiac disease is very real:
9. Not being believed about something you're struggling with can be very demoralizing:
10. You can't always even trust food labels:
11. It might be hard for people to separate sympathy from self-preservation:
Want more confessions from people with celiac disease? Check out Whisper!
In case you needed some more clarity on the difference between the fad and the disease:
More from Whisper:
16 cringeworthy confessions from baristas will have you rethink your next latte
14 heartbreaking confessions explain what it's really like to be a single mom
11 reactions to the Oscars controversy that might surprise you