One Pot Vegetable Lo Mein
By: Savory Nothings
Sometimes I really lack the motivation to cook. I guess we all have those moments at one point or another! I don't really like to reach for take-out food on those nights, because it's expensive and I don't know what went into it.
I've been having lots of fun making variations of my one pot pasta dishes. One of the things we've been enjoying a lot lately is this Asian spin on it.
What I love most about this vegetable lo mein is that it's packed with vegetables. Yet you don't need to chop a single one yourself – apart from the scallions. This means it comes together in 20 minutes. Yes, 20 minutes!
You don't even need to do much, all ingredients go into the pot and it just cooks itself into dinner. You can even add some leftover cooked and diced chicken breast or a different meat if you like. Totally customizable, and ready in 20 minutes. What's not to love?!
- ⅓ cup (80ml) soy sauce
- 3⅔ cups (870ml) vegetable broth (chicken is fine, too)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger (optional)
- 2 x 16 ounce (450g) bags frozen stir fry vegetables (no need to thaw)
- 12 ounces (about 4 cups or 340g) spaghettini pasta
- Chopped scallions (to serve)
- Combine all ingredients (excluding the scallions) in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the spaghettini are cooked through.
- If you feel there's not enough sauce left in the end, stir in another splash of soy sauce or broth. Serve immediately sprinkled with chopped scallions.
Watch the video to learn how to create another easy one-pot meal
Read more from Savory Nothings!
Chimichurri chicken tacos
Garlic butter tomato shrimp linguini
One sheet-pan greek bake