These delicious dessert tacos put the perfect twist on taco night
But even though I love a traditional taco, I am always looking for new and exciting recipes to try out, like these tacos made with a bacon weave shell.
And when I spotted this recipe for a delicious chocolate dessert taco, I couldn't wait to make it myself.
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 orange, juiced
- 1 Tbsp. sugar for strawberries
- Additional 1/2 cup sugar for taco shells
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1 stick butter
- 4 tsps. cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 3/4 cup flour
- Ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF.
- Chop strawberries into small pieces.
- Combine strawberries, orange juice, and 1 Tbsp. sugar in mixing bowl, and refrigerate.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, corn syrup, and butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- In separate mixing bowl, combine cocoa powder and flour.
- Pour cocoa mixture into saucepan and combine with sugar mixture.
- Pour onto parchment-paper-lined baking sheets in circular shapes.
- Cook for 6 to 8 minutes at 350 ºF.
- Hang each cookie over a rolling pin or other cylindrical object, allowing to cool into a taco shape.
- Remove the parchment paper.
- Once hardened, fill each shell with two scoops of ice cream.
- Top with whipped cream and melted chocolate.
- Serve and enjoy!
Will you be making them at home yourself? Let us know in the comments.
Please SHARE this tasty dessert recipe with friends and family!
More from LittleThings.com:
Make flawless salmon every time with this springtime recipe!
Learn to make the perfect apple pie -- with a cinnamon roll crust!
Get a jump start on Easter with these 12 unusual twists on traditional treats
Tomato bacon cobbler is a delicious, unexpected dinner treat